Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Bathroom Reno

So I've been thinking about updating my bathroom... The existing layout is functional so that's not the issue, but the workmanship is terrible! Plus there is no waterproofing because when my house was built it wasn't a building code requirement ...  so I think its time to rip it out and do it properly.

Its a small bathroom (unfortunately) so there isn't a lot I can do in changing the layout due to its size and position of the door and window.  I've had a think about different options, like to move the bath to the end... have a shower over the bath... etc.. but Ive concluded that the existing layout is probably the best for the space.  So it will just be new fittings and fixtures and new tiling!  how exciting!!!

I've hopped onto the Reece website, they have this awesome Bathroom Planner on there where you can plug in the dimensions of your room and select their bathroom products,  as well as flooring, lighting, windows etc to see how your bathroom will look.

Id really like a freestanding bath, but if I cant do that I could get a bath in a hob (which is what I have in my existing bathroom..)what do you think?

This is my favourite at the moment, but you cant really see the tile... I'm after a white marble look tile, floor to ceiling, I think it will help make the room feel bigger, and also luxurious!



Or this option with the bath in a hob? I was also playing around with different tile options on this one...



And then I was again playing around with different tiles designs... feature walls, colours... hmm so many options!




 
 
 
 


 
Which do you like best?
 
I've had a lot of fun using the Reece bathroom planner, check it out here if you want to have a go at designing your bathroom! Now I need to cost it all up and see where the $$ it at!
 
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Those are great inspirations! Anyway, the marbled-floor ones look luxurious and elegant. Plus, they can make your bathroom look wide and spacious. However, you might need to have a rug in your bathroom. Marbled floors can be slippery when they're damp, which can be quite unsafe. Good luck!

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your tips Evon, definitely some great advice on that one! Ill go tile (and rug!?) shopping this weekend see what I can find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bathroom reno how exciting. so many tile colour choices I look forward to seeing the ones you pick.
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is exciting!!! love the white marble tile look I think for my small bathroom itll work well... I have a sample Ill show you when you get here! cant wait! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m excited to know which among those layouts you ended up choosing! They all look perfect by their own rights, but the marbled one really won my heart. I can only imagine how nice it would be to have an elegant bathroom like that. Anyway, don’t forget to keep us updated! Good luck!

    Roxanne Vaughn @ Total Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Roxanne, I did decide on the marble tiles but haven't started the work on the bathroom yet! Im just sourcing the perfect vanity and shower base and once I have them and all my other plumbing fittings Ill organise the trades and get into it.... it seems a bit daunting though!!! but will be a beautiful finished product :)

    ReplyDelete

view sourceprint?01 09 10