Thursday, June 12, 2014

Emerald Green


That's me in the purple!

Little did I know back in the early 90's when I was helping my Mum and Dad paint their hallway emerald green that they were WAY ahead of their time in design flair.... ;p

As it turned out, the same colour was last year's Pantone Colour of the Year!

Every year Pantone surveys designers and suppliers about the colours they are featuring to help its decision in announcing what colour will be changing the landscape for the next 12 months.

Yes I know I am a bit behind the times because this is last years Pantone colour of the year... but I've seen it been used in such beautiful ways I really wanted to show some of its beauty in todays post.

I love this colour, it has a real universal quality that can create both a luxurious and a casual feel.  Depending on what it is teamed with in the room, it can be used for a modern or classic styled area.
 
 
Creating a luxurious bathroom
LauraBritt Symphony Showhouse
 
Simply divinely elegant drapes
 
 
Drawing our eyes up the inviting staircase  whilst adding a few pops of green below
 
I'm loving emerald green with the pops of pink!  
 
 
Or just for a statement piece like the desk or vanity mirror below 
 
 
 
Tell me what you think are you a lover of this colour? do you think itll stand the test of time?
I know my parents hallway is STILL emerald green today, twenty years on! :)
 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01 09 10